When an employer terminates an employee’s healthcare coverage, that employee often earns healthcare protection rights under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, or COBRA. Now, COBRA c…Read More
Ariel. S. Blocker, Esq.
866-578-6928 (Toll Free)
Ariel S. Blocker is a 1993 Summa Cum Laude graduate of Xavier University in New Orleans, Louisiana. While undertaking her undergraduate studies, Ariel was a DANA Scholar through Duke University, where she conducted research during the summer of 1995. She also conducted research at the University of Notre Dame during her undergraduate studies. She was a contributing writer for the Xavier Herald. After obtaining a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Xavier, she graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1996. While attending law school, Ariel served as a Junior Editor on the Law and Psychology Review. She has practiced law in Tuscaloosa for almost 17 years. She worked as a prosecutor with the Tuscaloosa County District Attorney’s office for almost 10 years. She also worked as an Assistant City Attorney in the City of Tuscaloosa’s legal department, continuing her career as a prosecutor and engaging in civil matters involving claims, property acquisition, the Tuscaloosa Historic Preservation Commission, and the Accident Review Board. She is a member of the Alabama State Bar, the Tuscaloosa County Bar, the federal court bars for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts and the Volunteer Lawyer’s Program.
Ariel enjoys spending time with her family. She is married to Ty and they have two children. Ariel and her family are active members of their church.
Ariel S. Blocker has been with our firm now since June 2009. She has done excellent work for our clients using her prosecutorial skills as a disability attorney in going after long-term disability carriers, life insurance carriers, health insurance carriers and pension benefit plans which refuse to pay benefits that are due.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Employee Benefit Claims
- Long Term Disability
- Health Insurance
- Erisa Claims and Litigation
- Over Payment Claims
Litigation Law Percentage
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation Law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama – 1996
- Law Review: Law and Psychology Review, Junior Editor
- Xavier University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A. summa cum laude – 1993
- Major: English
- Xavier Herald, Contributing Writer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tuscaloosa County District Attorney’s Office, Prosecutor
- City of Tuscaloosa’s Legal Department, Assistant City Attorney
- Tuscaloosa Historic Preservation Commission, Legal Counsel
- Alabama State Bar, Member
- Tuscaloosa County Bar, Member