Learn Insurance Company Tactics For A Better Benefit Claim
Insurance Company Tactics
From our law office in Alabama, The Martin Law Group, LLC ERISA Case Lawyers, advises and represents clients who have encountered difficulties when applying for long-term disability benefits. Attorneys of the law firm focus primarily on ERISA cases involving employee benefits covered under federal law.
As we prepare appeals for our clients who have had disability claims denied, we find evidence all too often of questionable insurance company tactics such as:
- Delays and obstacles — such as endless requests for additional information — without justification.
- Obscure and unlikely interpretations of policy terms — applied against our clients’ best interests.
- Claims of misrepresentation on insurance benefit application forms.
- Claims that an allegedly disabled person does not, in fact, have a medical condition that merits a declaration of long-term disability.
- Claims of fraud on the basis of evidence gathered through private investigations, including videotaping performed without the claimant’s knowledge.
- Evidence gathered through questionable surveillance methods such as monitoring of data accessible through Facebook, Twitter, other social media and information outlets available on the Internet.
To Our Clients and Potential Clients in Mississippi and Alabama: Long-Term Disability Benefits Attorneys Caution You About the Hazards of Social Media
We often caution our clients about their vulnerability in public forums such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter. Photos and postings on social media outlets may invite claims adjusters, judges and juries to doubt the truthfulness of a “disabled” person who is apparently well enough to engage in vigorous recreational activities.
Sometimes, however, a client’s claim is wrongfully denied on the basis of misleading postings and photos on social media outlets. Did you appear highly active in certain photos in spite of pain that you endured and suffered from afterward? Talk to an attorney at The Martin Law Group, LLC when you are ready to apply for long-term disability benefits. The attorneys at The Martin Law Group, LLC ERISA Case Lawyers, can help you combat misconceptions that threaten to derail your right to disability benefits. Contact us to schedule a consultation with our lawyers—we provide services to clients throughout Huntsville, Mobile, Birmingham, Montgomery, Dothan, and Florence, here in Alabama, as well as residents of Columbus, Meridian, Jackson, Hattiesburg, Tupelo, and Gulfport in Mississippi.